Sunday 15 March 2015

Filming/Editing

I started with filming my performances pieces.  I used the same drama studio as I did for my digipak photographs, as I liked the black background.  I also used the same lighting, using one light that acted as a spotlight.  I intentionally had long, still shots of me singing, as this is a genre convention for indie/pop music.







I also tried using warmer lighting when wearing a different outfit as indie/pop music videos contain more than one outfit, promoting their image, relating to Goodwin's theory.






Also relating to Goodwin's theory, I included footage that related the visuals to the music, such as short cuts showing me clapping along to the song.  I filmed this in the white art gallery as I thought it would be a nice contrast compared to the black background of the drama studio.





I also included intertextual references to the original music video for Dog Days Are Over by Florence + The Machine, with footage of me spinning in a flowy dress, which I then slowed down.



No comments:

Post a Comment