Thursday 19 March 2015

Filming/Editing #4

I did some more filming at Greenwich Park, but waited until a day with better weather so it was sunny.  I wanted to use this for the second part of the song, after the slow bridge, as the song picks up pace and becomes more cathartic.  Therefore, I thought the bright sunshine would convey happiness and show the change of the narrative when the girl overcomes her past.








To further develop the narrative, I filmed the girl looking at and then later deleting pictures of her and a boy on her phone.  This shows the relationship and then signals the change in tone once she has started to move on from it.  I edited the footage of her locking her phone and the screen turning from the image of the couple to black in time with the line 'The dog days are over', to suggest the relationship is over.





I also shot footage of me clapping along to the song from slightly different angles, framed in different places.  I originally tried dancing while clapping, similar to the original video for the song, yet found this was not successful as I had hoped, therefore changed to this idea of cuts of these various shots.  It also relates to Goodwin's theory of linking the music with the visuals as the cuts are in time with the clapping.  When there is a break in the song after this moment, I intentionally left it black to fit with and emphasise the build up before the final energetic chorus.






No comments:

Post a Comment