Wednesday 5 November 2014

New Brief

After discussing our ideas and realising we were not sure on our joint idea, Lauren and I decided to work separately.  She continued with the electronic rock band idea and I started looking into what artist I wanted to create for which genre, which I initially struggled with.  I liked the style of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Chvrches and Florence + The Machine, where there is a band but the focus of the group is the female lead singer.  I considered creating a ska band, such as No Doubt, as Gwen Stefani is the focus of that group.  However, the ska genre is broad and therefore the conventions are quite complicated.







To make it simpler, I decided to do an indie/pop group with a female lead singer, as this is a genre I personally enjoy and am familiar with.  I then created their brief and brainstormed things and conventions related to the indie/pop genre.


No comments:

Post a Comment