Wednesday 5 November 2014

Influences

I looked at digipaks and CDs that I thought were interesting and stood out to me for possible influences on my work.  I focused on genres aroud the indie/pop one I have chosen, however also broadened it to the rock genre.

This is the back cover of the CD 'Brand New Eyes' by Paramore.  I like the empty photo frames and mirror used against the pale blue.  I think it looks very indie and vintage despite it being for a rock band and would like to include something similar in my digipak.




This is the front cover of a CD/vinyl 'Volume 3' by She & Him.  This definitely conveys their indie/pop genre through their costumes and black and white photography with pastel coloured circles surrounding the band.  The photo is focused on the girl, Zooey Deschanel, because she is also a well known actress as well as the singer in the band, therefore a selling point for the band and album.  As I want to create an artist with a backing band like this and Florence + The Machine, I will consider this type of photography to be used for my digipak.







No comments:

Post a Comment