Wednesday 5 November 2014

First Shoot

I had already planned the locations I wanted to shoot for my initial photographs, which were all up in London.  Camden is a prominent place for obscure and vintage objects and clothing so decided to take most of the photographs there.  I already own a vintage dress so decided to use that for my costume and added accessories such as a black hat to emphasise the vintage feeling, as well as bold make-up.  There is a significant amount of artwork and graffiti in and around Camden, and I documented this for possible use in my digipak.  There were also record players and records which I thought matched my artist's image well.  My friend helped by taking spontaneous pictures of me walking around the market and shops.  We then went to Shoreditch and South Bank to take some additional photos, including some posed photographs in front of graffiti and London landmarks such as Big Ben.  However, it was sometimes difficult to take photos as it was half term and these popular tourist places were busy.

My favourite photos I think relate to my genre most are the posed photos in front of some graffiti in Shoreditch, as they have an urban and indie look to them.  I would like to incorporate these into my digipak.




However, I do not think I took enough photos and would like to do another shoot wearing a different outfit, maybe in another location such as Brick Lane.  Therefore, I will organise to do one in the upcoming weeks.  Hopefully it will be less busy as the next shoot will not take place during half term.


Here are all of the photos from my first test shoot:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/127386971@N02/sets/72157646787126133/


No comments:

Post a Comment